Sunday, September 26, 2010

VA Fashion Awards

Last Sunday, September 19, 2010, I attended the Va Fashion Awards. It was the 2nd year they held it, but it was my first time attending.  Although they did not have a category for best plus size model, I really had a great time! I met so many great people, and the show was very well put together. I did not take any of my own personal pictures but I found some shots that were taken that night.
I wore this wired ruffle one shoulder tunic dress from Asos Curve...this picture really does not do me or this dress any justice (Completely bad angle!!). Overall the dress was a really good buy. The design is very unique. The wires are very comfortable, I did not feel them poking or anything, they are raised away from the body. The one thing
I did not like about the dress is the material. The dress is made out of cotton. Although it is a very thick cotton, I just think it takes away from the ellegance of the design.  

From the Left: Lee Cypress, Empress Leigh, Jubert Gilay

I paired the dress with my black suede pumps from Steven Madden. Most of my Accesories were by Charles Klein. You cant really see that well in the pictures but I wore small black, pearl, and rinestone bangles; a nice big silver chuncky ring; and medium sized earrings with multiple hammered rings that dangled (they are kind of heavy but are absolutely gorgeous ! )


Lee Cypress and Empress Leigh
One last thing, I do recommend shapewear for this dress because it is very form fitting !

2 comments:

  1. i love the dress and you look very good in this dress and it was great seeing you at the vfa

    ReplyDelete
  2. @Lee Cypress Photography, Thank you ! It was great seeing you too, hope to we both win next year ! =]

    ReplyDelete